Cotton Underwear Background Cont...

...From Cotton Underwear Background Part 1 


My underwear of choice had been Calvin Klein white cotton briefs from Macys. They were softer and more comfortable than the Jockey and Fruit of the Looms; but they were also more expensive. I did splurge on some DKNY cotton briefs, but the pair purchased ran a little small, and for the price, I thought that the Calvin Kleins provided a good enough value (side note: the DKNY pair is still around 20 years later, while I had to replace the Calvin Kleins many times.)

As my exclusive retailer was Macys, I ventured to other brands that they carried. I tried the 2(x)ist brand. This underwear brand came in various shapes, and I was game to try the new and varied styles. For the most part, I did not go back to this brand. The style cuts were just not to my comfort, and they sat a little too low on the waist.

I did like the way that the boxer briefs (fitted boxers) fit for the most part. They were a similar length and similar coverage of boxers, with the tight fitting of the briefs. They kept the moisture away from the inner thighs; meaning there was no discomfort produced from moist thighs rubbing together.

This might have been a new panacea of underwear for me. At the time, they were still a specialty item, and were not produced by the big underwear manufacturers, although Jockey had some in their higher end line. I did purchase a couple of their offerings of this style that were made of a material other than cotton. They felt supper soft and, I thought that these would be the best pair yet. Even though they were soft and comfortable, as they were made of nylon, they came with all of the issues that plague nylon underwear (see my blog on underwear made from synthetic material).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ice Silk Underwear Reviewed

Modal Fabric: 60s 80s Underwear Weaves

The Evolution and Advantages of Men's Modal Underwear: Emphasizing Comfort, Functionality, and Sustainability with a Focus on Runamante Brand