Cotton Underwear Background Part 1

 When I started writing this piece, I thought that I would be able to just compare the old cotton briefs and boxers to what is out right now. But the topic is a lot broader than that. Let us continue with cotton briefs.

So, one of my favorite stores is Banana Republic. I especially like their soft t-shirts. They come out with new ones every year, and they are not just plain cotton, they have Soft Wash, Linen, Luxury Touch, Cotton and Silk among other species of cotton shirts. They are all very comfortable. So, I decided to try their briefs. They are made of cotton, and come in a three pack. Since I needed more than three, I went on their brother site, The Gap, and decided to try some of their underwear. So, I ordered a three-pack o the Banana Republic black underwear briefs, and 2 of The Gap grey cotton briefs.


The Banana Republic black cotton briefs, are similar in design to the standard Jockey/ Fruit of the Loom briefs. The cotton is standard, the fit is nice, and overall, they are comfortable. The grey cotton briefs from Gap took a slight departure from the standard brief. The overall brief fit a bit loser. The waistband was thicker and softer somehow. In total, this brief was very comfortable. However, if you have a small rear end, the brief does not conform to it. This would not look very attractive to your partner.

As Gap cotton briefs were very comfortable, I decided to splurge on a pair of Gap underwear that cost a little more. So, I ordered two of the more expensive pair. When they arrived, I could immediately tell the difference. These had solved the problem that I was having with their cotton underwear. These still had the nice thick waistband, but the material was softer, and held its shape better.
As we know, cotton is so popular with clothes because it has many great qualities. It is soft, breathable, durable, among other things. But, cotton also stretches out of shape, is prone to pill, and can start out a little stiff.
The new Gap underwear was a blend of polyester, modal, and spandex. These did not stretch out of shape, and they looked a lot better on someone like myself with a less than full posterior. The underwear was extremely comfortable.
Thus began the journey of breaking away from cotton for underwear. As the Gap underwear was very comfortable, my interest was peeked by the claims of other companies selling their most comfortable underwear "guaranteed."
Let us rewind. Before the adventure with underwear sold by The Gap family of brands, there were some departures into other areas of underwear that were made of different materials, and had different shapes. As I mentioned in previous blogs, I am not a fan of boxers. I find that they do not offer the support or feel that I like. It turns out that I like the more fitted underwear, as opposed to the sloppy boxers.

 Skip to plus and minus of cotton underwear


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ice Silk Underwear Reviewed

Modal Fabric: 60s 80s Underwear Weaves

The Evolution and Advantages of Men's Modal Underwear: Emphasizing Comfort, Functionality, and Sustainability with a Focus on Runamante Brand